I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Aha!" Moments

From the Hoi Polloi Tarot this morning comes Judgement:
Rather than thinking of this card as a sentence or verdict for some behavior, I see it as an "aha!" moment.  This is that moment of clarity that brings wisdom that can help me change my life.  My eyes, ears and mind are finally open to receive it.  It reminds of the astonishment my daughter felt upon putting on her first pair of glasses - everything was suddenly in sharp focus.  But what will I do with this gift?  Will I act on it or just turn it over in my mind?  I'm sure those folks in the card don't want to crawl back in those caskets and close the lids again...

     The card drawn from the I Ching Deck today is "Fire over Thunder:"
A man with the air of an emperor holds a scroll and sits between two pillars.  The keywords and phrases associated with this card are "biting through," "judgment," and "getting down to essentials."  In other words, its time to cut through the fluff and take the bull by the horns.  Decisive action is called for - there should be no half measures.  Confrontation is likely, and I will need to be assertive and firm in handling it.
"for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." ~ Isaac Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment