I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, December 2, 2011

Management of Resources

oday's draw from the Hoi Polloi Tarot is the Ace of Pentacles:
Since the pentacles suit generally refers to physical matters, such as health and finances, I was surprised to see the color chosen for this coin as blue (often associated with water and emotions).  When I gave it some thought though, I realized how much an indicator my emotions are of my health.  Whether I am sad, angry or discontent, these feelings often alert me to how I'm taking care of myself physically - exercise, rest, and eating habits.  The gift of health is so easy to take for granted until something goes wrong.  Today I will try to be mindful of the wonders of this blessing.

     The hexagram chosen from the I Ching deck today is "Mountain over Dragon:"
This hexagram offers the mental image of a dragon resting and growing strong in the deep chambers of a mountain.  In the image above, one man focuses on a scroll while another looks out from the balcony of his home.  The key phrases for this card are "building up power" and "controlling your resources."  Before I take any sort of major step in my life, I need to take an inventory of my assets, add to my knowledge through study and the wisdom of others, and make preparations.  Then my knapsack will be loaded with all the supplies I need when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment