I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Squaring the Circle

From the Margarete Petersen Tarot this morning comes the Son of Flames (Knight of Wands):
Within the square and circle of this card is a figure holding a drum, who is trying to push his way out.  The circle within the square makes me think of the phrase ancient geometers used, "squaring the circle" - constructing a square with the same area as a circle using only a straightedge and a compass.  The challenge has been proved to be without a solution, and now the phrase is often used as a metaphor to describe trying to do something impossible.  Here is the Knight of Wands, full of fiery energy and ready to take on the world with his charm, who refuses to listen to those who tell him something is illogical, impractical and unattainable.  Like Thomas Edison, he'll tell you, "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

    
The card drawn from the Froud's Heart of Faerie deck this morning is "The Blessing:"
I do believe that what we send out will be returned to us  - not necessarily in a reward/punishment sort of manner, but in the way that positive people seem to be surrounded by joyful folks.  This fairy encourages me to start each day and each action with gratitude.  The blessing I send out will inevitably return and bless me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment