I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Living Consciously

The Quantum Tarot is the deck I'll be using this week; it was created by Kay Stopforth and Chris Butler.  Today's card is the Five of Pentacles:
Stopforth and Butler associate this card with the leptons, one of the two types of fundamental matter particles (the other being quarks).  There are six leptons: the electron and its neutrino, the muon and its neutrino, and the tau and its neutrino.  The heavier leptons, the muon and the tau do not exist for long - they quickly decay into other particles.  The Five of Pents recognizes this limitation of the physical world.  I may wish that I could have the energy of the Energizer Bunny, but my body will eventually collapse if I don't rest and refuel it.  And while $100 sounds like a nice gift, by the time the gas tank in my car gets filled a few times, it too will be gone.  I must recognize the boundaries of my earthly reality, and do my best to live simply and consciously, rather than wasting my energy, health and finances on things that are just not that important.

     The oracle deck I'll be using this week is the Universe Cards, another creation of Kay Stopworth.  This morning's card is "Nebula - Star Death:"
This is a nebula, a cloud of dust and gases that forms after a star collapses or explodes.  Its beauty is a reminder of the positive that can be found even in death.  Without endings, there can be no transformation or creation.  As long as I am clinging tightly to something, unwilling to let it go, my hands will never open to receive the gifts that are waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment