I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, May 23, 2013

One Tree Walking

From the Albano Waite Tarot, the Fool:
Here's a guy who lives by Julian of Norwich's words, "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  It might not turn out to be all peaches and cream, but whatever happens, I'll have the calmness and strength to deal with it.  I had to chuckle when I drew this card, as I'm about to make a major purchase (for me) of a new computer.  I've been overwhelmed with trying to decide what kind, brand, and operating system to choose - thank goodness for my dear friend's husband Dave, who is both patient and knowledgeable.  And even though I've finally chosen what I'll buy, I'm still hesitant because of the cost.  I blame it on growing up with grandparents who went through the Great Depression.  But here is the Fool encouraging me to take a leap of faith, and head on over to Staples Office Supply today.

From the Rumi's Cards comes the verse "Could Only:"
If a tree could only walk,
He would never fear being chopped down.
Surrounded by rural areas where I live, we often see deer and cottontail rabbits, especially in the evenings or early mornings on the outskirts of town.  These animals often freeze in the headlights of a car, making them more susceptible to being hit if the driver is caught off guard.  Rumi's verse reminds me that sometimes it's better to move than stand still, especially if it is fear and not logic trying to make a decision for me.

2 comments:

  1. The Rumi cards are good aren't they. I like how he focus' the heart as a mirror again and again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I'd like cards with verses rather than images so much. :)

      Delete