I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Quick Fixes and Frustrations

From the Shining Tribe Tarot, the Eight of Wands:
She flies through the air with the greatest of ease, over burning bushes, a house and trees.  There are days when I must be like this woman, moving quickly from one activity to another, taking care of details and duties.  The trick is not to go into panic mode when I have to move at high speeds.  Being late to the book club because I have to meet with the tree removal guy won't cause the end of the world.  Getting the roast out of the crockpot one half an hour later than I'm supposed to won't ruin supper.  Even though it may feel important, some things are neither essential or imperative.  Today I'll just worry about what's at the top of the priority list.

From the animal tiles oracle comes "Cougar:"
With proportionally the largest hind legs in the cat family, this animal was built to hunt and catch prey.  Vertically, they can leap up to 18 feet; horizontally, they can jump 45 feet in one bound.  Though not made to run for long distances, cougars are great sprinters, reaching speeds of 45 mph.  They characteristically kill their prey with a bite to the neck, severing the spinal cord.  With its quick and powerful reflexes, this cat cautions me about instinctively reacting to stressful situations.  When I'm under pressure, it's easy to take out my frustrations on those who are close by.  But this will only add to my growing list of things I need to fix or take care of - something I don't need right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment