I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, May 3, 2013

A Cruise on the Titanic

From the Illuminated Tarot, the Eight of Cups:
In this recolored version of the RWS, eight diagonal beams of light shine from the moon, but a ninth beam radiates in a horizontal path.  These rays remind me of all the ways people attempt to fix a situation that has no solution before giving up:  the alcoholic who tries drinking just wine or beer; the woman who gets a new dress and hairstyle to stop her husband's affairs; the neglected child who excels in academics and sports to gain attention.  Doing all these types of things is like switching deck chairs on the Titanic.  The ship will go down; I can choose to sink with it or row like hell to get away from it.

From the Dreaming in Color deck comes "Hate:"
So far this week, I've had anger, aggression, resentment and now hate - like a person who's been in denial, I'm finally beginning to see a pattern here.  Merriam-Webster defines hate as "intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury."  In my opinion, it doesn't have to be a bad emotion, if it will cause me to be proactive instead of reactive.  It may create enough heat to change a weak self-will into a strong one, allowing me to leave behind the object of my useless focus.

2 comments:

  1. Is it Elemental Visions Illuminated? *drooling over the scan* (the edition that i'd love to get - mediu sized Glitter &Iridescent- is 325 usd :/ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Original Illuminated - no glitter or iridescence, just loads of color. :) I'm not much into bling but I do love the color, plus it was MUCH cheaper compared to the glitter version.

      Delete