I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, January 9, 2012

Bridling the Emotions

This morning's card from the Sheridan-Douglas Tarot is the Knave (Page) of Cups:
This youngster looks down at his cup as if it is the most precious thing he owns.  Being a gentle, kind soul, he is sensitive to how others treat him and feels other folk's emotions as if they were his own.  He knows how words can wound, and so he is careful with his own.  Likewise, his actions are tender toward others, never wanting to cause another person pain.  He holds people close to his heart, much like he holds the chalice.  His biggest lesson to learn is that you can't please everyone, and you can't always protect them from pain either.  Two ideas I would do well to remember today.

     From the Pages of Shustah today comes the "Pale Horse:"
Anyone who has ever ridden a horse before knows how easily they can startle if they cross the path of something unexpected.  Here the horse rears in fear and prepares to turn and run.  The Pale Horse is a reminder that when panic threatens to make me react, I need to keep my emotions in check and my feet on the ground.  I might need to take quick action or make a quick decision, but if my emotions are running the show instead of logic, I'll only be reacting rather than making a wise choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment