I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Expending Effort

Today's draw from the Sheridan-Douglas Tarot is the Queen of Batons:
This queen, with her yellow gown, crown and hair is a thinker who knows how to organize and motivate.  Her green throne and baton indicates she expects something concrete to come out of her plans, not just a lot of hot air.  In fact, her sitting position looks as if she is about to push herself up and get going.  The red background and red ring on her finger speak of her passion - her enthusiasm and energy comes from an inner fire because she does what she loves.  This woman encourages me to follow my own passion and use it creatively in the world.  Reading books and thinking about it will not be enough to satisfy me.

     The oracle card pulled from the Pages of Shustah deck is "Coins:"
Coins are called "change," and this is a hint about this card's meaning.  It generally means an increase, not only financially, but also mentally and spiritually.  This growth doesn't just land in my lap; it comes in return for effort expended.  When I have done the work, then I will reap the rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment