I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Weary and Worn

Today's draw from the Rosetta Tarot is the Star:
This morning I feel like one of those insect skeletons you see hanging in a spider web - sucked dry.  It feels as if everyone around me needs something, and my cup has run dry.  So I was encouraged to see this lovely lady appear, pouring out the waters of life and offering hope to the weary and worn.  There are so many symbols in this card to talk about, but to be honest, I'm tired.  I think I'll just bathe in the beauty and healing of this image, and look forward to any guidance I might receive.

     The feathered friend drawn from the Ascension to Paradise deck is the "Secretary-bird:"
A creature found only in the Sahara of Africa, this bird was named because its crest which resembled a bunch of quill pens.  Because it is related to the hawk, the energy it carries helps us to get through our tasks and obligations when our strength is flagging.  This bird reminds me to pay attention to my intuitive nudges, because they can help me direct my focus, enabling me to act more efficiently and conserve my energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment