I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Clock Watching

From the Gaian Tarot, the Four of Air (Swords):
Four blue robin's eggs rest snugly in a nest.  The number four deals with boundaries, security, and what is concrete.  But to get to that place in the realm of justice, implementation of ideas, or communication, usually requires patience and time.  I've always been the extreme opposite of procrastination.  Got a problem or project?  Let's solve it or get it done - now.  I've never been one to simmer anything on the back burner; a fast boil has always been my mindset.  But the eggs are a promise of new, wonderful things to come, if I let them incubate and develop fully.  Some things just shouldn't be rushed or boiled...

     From the Goddess Oracle, "Lakshmi: Abundance:"
Lakshmi is a Hindu goddess associated with prosperity (material and spiritual), beauty, generosity, and grace.  She brings the lesson of living life from a place of gratitude and abundance rather than focusing on what is lacking.  Lately I have felt an insufficiency, not with material things but with time.  I get up at six in the morning (or earlier) and the day seems to vanish in a blink.  I've become stingy rather than generous in the amount of time I'm willing to give to others.  But somewhere in my brain I know that when I rush, I am not paying attention and not appreciating what is in front of me.  What may seem urgent may not really be important.  Perhaps there is enough time after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment