I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Recharging

From the Llewellyn Tarot, the Four of Cups:
A young woman sits by a stream; her posture indicates a feeling of apathy and disenchantment.  Her emotions are like the little eddy beside her - whirling round and round without making progress.  It's interesting that the card right before this (3 of Cups) shows a celebration of sorts.  I'm at my best when I have a creative project going on.  When I finish I feel great - a sense of accomplishment - but soon thereafter, I find myself in a funk, feeling without purpose.  The cup overhead reminds me that my inspiration hasn't dried up.  My creative endeavors will find a niche, and I'll be happily entertained and challenged once again.  The activity must stop for awhile so I can recharge; it's just part of the process.

     From the Beasts of Albion, the "Lion:"
Gray writes that the lion represents the maturity "to use strength in a measured and controlled way."  While power and ferocity is generally what I think of with these animals, lions actually only spend about 4 hours a day in activity - the remainder they spend resting.  The lion's lesson is that intensity must be moderated with restraint.  Balance is the key. 

No comments:

Post a Comment