I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Get It In Gear!

From the Nigel Jackson Tarot, the Seven of Coins:
The Seven of Coins can generally be interpreted as pausing in your work to assess your results so far.  If things look good, you can keep doing what you're doing; if not, changes need to be made or strategies tweaked.  This fellow has definitely paused, but not to evaluate anything - he's so busy drinking and napping that he doesn't even notice he has a bite on his fishing line.  This card warns me not to become complacent, even though I may have made some progress in the past.  While there's nothing wrong with kicking back and relaxing every now and then, keeping my life on track will require a continued effort.  A mixture of over-confidence and laziness is a cocktail that contains only setbacks for me.

     From the Sabian Symbols comes "Scorpio, 9th Degree:"

A dentist is hard at work.
For me, going to the dentist ranks slightly above getting a mammogram; it's not one of my favorite things to do.  Yet I know that taking care of the small problems will keep me from developing much larger problems in the future.  This symbol reminds me that responsibly looking after the small details instead of ignoring them will help my life run smoother.  There can be a fine line between prioritizing and procrastinating.  It's time to get my bum in gear and get a move on... 

No comments:

Post a Comment