I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Heartfelt Wishes

From Waking the Wild Spirit Tarot, the Wishing Well (Three of Water/Cups); from the MentorSpirit Cards, Acceptance:
           An elven lass with her animal friends make wishes as they toss coins into a well. Behind her is a "clootie," a piece of cloth dipped in the well water and tied to a branch as a type of prayer. While I don't believe in a deity that physically intercedes on earth, I still express heartfelt thoughts in meditation form (like tonglen and maitri/metta) for others. It is a way for me to keep my heart open and stay connected with people who are suffering. Friends are great not only for celebrating with, but for leaning on when life gets hard. I've had a couple of scary incidents involving family members the last few days, and knowing someone is sending out such wishes for us gives me strength to keep going.
          To be accepting is to be receptive of “what is” without feeling uniquely targeted. As Nathaniel Branden put it, "Accepting does not necessarily mean liking, enjoying, condoning. I can accept what is - and be determined to evolve from there. It is not acceptance but denial that leaves me stuck." Isolating myself, sticking my head in the ground or becoming self-absorbed won't make anything better, especially not for those who are suffering (including myself). But even if I can't change the way things are, I can stand firmly without running away and offer my support to those who are in the midst of challenges.

5 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear you have so much on your plate my dear Bev. I'll send you my good wishes for you and you family as well and since I do believe in deity as a parental comforter in times of need I will pray and lit a candle for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen. :) As I told a friend, I gratefully accept all chants, prayers, good vibes or whatever type of kind thought one cares to send!

      Delete
  2. I too will hold you in my good thoughts as you find your way the way through the turmoil. I hope scary is the worse of it and all has settled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you said it with clarity - to find my way through the turmoil (rather than trying to ignore or avoid it - which is my natural reaction!). Thank you Carolyn. :)

      Delete
    2. Again, my best thoughts. I really do enjoy these conversations we all here. It helps me bring clarity to myself and the cards that we all work with. Be Well.

      Delete