I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Step to It!

From the Buckland Romani, the King of Koshes (Staves); from the Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards, Mahpia (Cloud):
          The koshes/staves in this deck are all whips which seem to have a 'step to it' message. The King of Koshes is seen sitting on the back of a vardo carving a branch. I'm sure he has plenty of people who could carve them and turn them into a whip, yet he likes to keep his skills sharp that he learned as a young man. Many managers today know only how to supervise and have forgotten or don't know how to do what their employees do every day. Often they rely on others to keep up with new information and skills that develop. I think this king would call them arrogant idiots. Mahpi, or Cloud Spirit, implies that there are obsessions, addictions and habits that are casting a dark shadow and clouding the purpose or obligations of one's life. My latest obsession is reading novels, which I tell myself is a good stress buster (and it is). But often I neglect the things I need to be doing while telling myself I'm just taking care of me. I think if the King of Koshes heard such a rationalization, he would crack his whip and yell, "Step to it!"

6 comments:

  1. Same here. Currently I am reading "Wintersong" by S. Jae-Jones about a girl and a goblin king. It has such an Autumnal feel to it. I can't stop reading it. The rest just has to wait a while longer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, there's sometimes a fine line between obsessive indulgence and self-care! :D

      Delete
  2. You are not on the road with the Floridians? I'm thinking in spite of being home to Keyamargo a huge portion of Miami doesn't have the resources to leave even if they wanted to. Better to stay home with a batch of koshes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sent you an email. The roads are so congested there is no place to go (or motels, hotels etc. available).

      Delete
  3. Oh I'm doing this too...my current read is The Fortune Teller by Gwendoline Womack. As 'habits' go novel reading is fairly innocuous but I will need to crack the whip on myself to meet a few obligations next week :)




    ReplyDelete