I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Three Steps

From the Golden Tarot, the Magician; from the Yantra Deck, Mirror:
          "What you think about you bring about. Your whole life is a manifestation of the thoughts that go on in your head." Rhonda Byrne, of The Secret fame, made a mint on these words. In some ways I agree with her; as the Dhammapada states, "Mind is the forerunner of all actions. All deeds are led by mind, created by mind." But what Byrne and others often fail to emphasize is that manifestation requires follow-through: inspiration, preparation and then application. I can be inspired to get in shape and prepare by joining a gym. But if I don't ever go to the gym (regardless of my positive thinking and affirmations), things will never change. The real magic comes from embracing all three steps. The Mirror yantra reminds me how I can trip myself up when I'm trying to create change. Caught in a cycle of judging other people, I forget to look at my own thoughts and actions. Yet these people (and my reactions to them) can clearly reflect where I'm stuck. If I will honestly acknowledge how I'm sabotaging my own progress, then I can begin moving forward.

10 comments:

  1. People seem to sabotage their own life quite a lot. I wrote about something similar today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed when I visited your blog that we seem to be traveling on parallel tracks today. :)

      Delete
  2. sabotaging is a cruel word isn't it? We might as well take a ball peen hammer and give ourselves a good whoomp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is precisely what we do, at least metaphorically.

      Delete
  3. This reminds me of what I think is the most powerful part of coaching and mentoring conversations - having someone witness you setting goals/actions and checking back to hear of the progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Accountability to someone can make a huge difference between goal set and goal met. :)

      Delete
  4. I know I don't always comment but I've been enjoying this week's cards Bev.

    YES, on the follow through! There is daydreaming and there is the action/application that brings manifestation. Even if you just get the momentum going with 10 minutes of application, that stays in the mind, you are on your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you stopping by, even if you don't have a chance to leave a comment. :)
      I wonder how many great projects and visions were left gathering dust because no action followed them?

      Delete
  5. What a kind and gentle soul that Magician has. He has to be, with so many creatures gathering about him. I wonder if he can see in the mirror what so many others see in him/her/you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does seem to be a gentle soul, a person not interested in manipulating others.

      Delete