I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, October 29, 2017

True Treasure

This week I'll be using the Daniloff Tarot, created and self-published by Alexander Daniloff. I'll also be using a set of Kuan Yin Sticks, alternating the use of Stephen Karcher's book (The Kuan Yin Oracle) and Marina Lighthouse's book (Kuan Yin Temple Oracle). Today's draws are the Ten of Coins and Verse 23:
          With all the floating coins around him, this fellow has obviously done quite well for himself. The crown imprint on the coin over his head shows he is at the peak of his success, health and energy. Yet there are clues like the waning moon and his dark and light robe that are a reminders of the natural progression of things. The yellow berries at the bottom remind me of a cultivar of the rowan tree.  In weather lore, a year with plentiful rowan fruit would have a good harvest but be followed by a severe winter. The vesica piscis shape he sits in implies a gateway that he will eventually cross through. Nothing stands still, and we have no choice but to move with it. Verse 23 of the Kuan Yin Oracle reads:

Climbing the beanstalk all the way to heaven
Only to be turned away at heaven’s gate;
Then news arrives of a break in the deadlock,
Giving all parties cause to celebrate.

This verse speaks of working toward a goal only to find it blocked upon arrival at the doorstep. Yet it is not a power drive or self-pity that frees us from the deadlock, but compassionate help from others. Whether the gateway we are passing through leads to good times or bad, developing relationships that remain unaffected by either is where the true treasure lies. 


5 comments:

  1. It is so easy te let ourselves believe that things won't change when everything is well. Our feeling of security is an illusion but it serves us often well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good reason to enjoy life fully without clinging to any of it. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment form: in order to verify you have to do a preview, then do a question thing where you have to click on pictures. Yesterday it took me seven tries to get through so that I could post a comment. This is why I rarely comment. It didn't used to be this complicated.

    Anyway, I have Kuan Yin sticks as well. The book I use is "Kuan Yin: Myths and Prophecies of the Chinese Goddess of Compassion" by Martin Palmer et al. ISBN 1855384175. Apart from the history, he's got the 100 quatrains which correspond to the sticks.

    I still can't buy the Daniloff--too expensive. My deck buying days are waning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These books have the same thing, though the verses are translated a bit differently in both. I didn't realize that you have to go through all that. I went into settings and unticked the box, so hopefully it will be easier. I have a similar issue when I post on your blog, but instead of verifying, it makes me log out and then log back in. Technology...

      Delete