I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, October 23, 2017

Giddy-up

From the Golden Tarot, the Sun; from the Yantra Deck, 'Freedom:'
          The Sun that was at a low point in the Death card has now risen to its peak. What once was dark and unclear is now filled with light and comprehension. Self-awareness - a clear perception of one's strengths and weaknesses, beliefs and motives - is not an easy journey. But along the way, the understanding gained and clarity it brings transforms the Fool into the Wise Child. In the words of Carl Jung, “Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” Upon awakening there is a sense of Freedom, just as the child on the horse represents. There is a turning of the mind, a realization: I am liberated when I recognize the person who controls me is myself. I am free to make my own choices (always about attitudes, and usually about my actions) unless I abdicate that responsibility to someone else.
The most fundamental aggression to ourselves, the most fundamental harm we can do to ourselves, is to remain ignorant by not having the courage and the respect to look at ourselves honestly and gently. Pema Chödrön

4 comments:

  1. The older I get the more I feel I am becoming myself and I like myself a lot better than I used to do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think simply accepting ourselves - good and bad - is such a relief in many ways. Then I can make choices for myself instead of reacting to life.

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of the fool transforming into the wise child. All that journeying to come back to ourselves...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To gain wisdom while maintaining our curiosity and awe would be wonderful! :)

      Delete