I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Fanatics

From the Songs for the Journey Home, the Five of Flames (Wands); from the Raven Cards, 'Bind your wounds:'
           A fault line opens; on one side a volcano erupts while on the other side a woman sleeps. Ever had an argument that resulted in an anger hangover? Yet there is a good chance the other party involved slept deeply and didn't think too much more about it. The owl sees the wisdom in 'letting it be' rather than continuing to rehash and ruminate. The Raven card suggests we 'bind our wounds,' meaning we realize that what has been hurt is only our pride. The ego is concerned with being right all the time, but the Raven card reminds us that our 'innermost being' cannot be hurt. My opinions (and my demand they be accepted as truth) are not what make me a worthy person, but rather my acts of kindness.
History has shown that the most terrible crimes against love have been committed in the name of fanatically defended doctrines. ― Paul Tillich

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, the mad monkey plus anger..danger danger. Letting my mad monkey go generally I wake up with a better idea.
    I see Mr. Musk as controlled by his mad monkey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monkey mind is chaotic enough. Add anger to it and it becomes downright dangerous.

      Delete