I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, September 8, 2018

Springboards

From the Navigators of the Mystic Sea, the Lovers; from the Celtic Lenormand, 'Clover:'
          Turk's idea behind the Lovers card is finding that missing part of ourselves that we've ignored or overlooked. Most of us get so caught up in work, taking care of others or concentrating on other pursuits that we lose a slice of ourselves. Watch those who are newly retired, find themselves with an empty nest or who can no longer pursue certain interests. Suddenly a new space opens up, and they have a choice about how they will spend their time. They have a chance to get reacquainted with themselves. The Clover card refers to a small bit of luck that we can use as an opportunity if we act on it. Of course, if we're so busy focusing on what is missing, we may neglect the chance to take advantage of the favorable circumstances in front of us. The trick is to remind ourselves what we can control and use that as our springboard. 

5 comments:

  1. I'll bet that page is from your own creative mind. I'm picturing a companion piece of Things we can't/don't control with petals blowing in the wind. Move along nothing to stay up for here ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could take credit fot it, but it came from an anonymous source. I love your idea of petals blowing in the wind though!

      Delete
  2. It's such a treat to see cards from all the different decks you use. You too, Sharyn. By the way, Sharyn, whatever the new commenting system at your blog is, it doesn't allow me to use it. But I'm still reading! -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, I'm having the same problem commenting on your blog, but it won't stop me from reading it either.

      Delete
    2. Well I wonder what the heck! And look at us, using The Sycamore Tree as a bulletin board. Thanks for that, TST! -Kate

      Delete