I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Serious Sally

This week I'll be using Songs for the Journey Home, a deck and book set created and self-published by Catherine Cook and Dwariko von Sommaruga. I'll also be using the Raven Cards, an oracle created by Gabi Bucker and published by AG Muller. Today's draws are the Fool and 'Treasure Trove:'
          While I'm not a 'Negative Nelly,' I definitely have days when I'm in 'Serious Sally' mode. Causes and conditions have shaped me since childhood to survive life, not enjoy it. Yet this Fool, swinging on a sapling from one side of the chasm to the other, reminds me that dealing with life on life's terms doesn't exclude extracting every ounce of delight and wonder out of it too. The divide between each side is only a mental construct, not reality. The Raven Card reads: "Your heart is a treasure trove - not some smelly sewer." What is it that I attend to and later reflect on as I move through the day? Do I dig up old resentments and worries, or do I remember and focus on the goodness in my life with gratitude? My focus will easily point to my treasure, and as Luke states, "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." The Fool would readily help me refill mine with things that expand my heart rather than contract it.

No comments:

Post a Comment