I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Collapse and Renewal

This week I'll be using the Vision Quest Tarot, a deck created by Gayle Silvie Winter and Jo Dose (Illustrator); it was published by AGM Müller. I'll also be using Bird Cards, a deck and book set by Jane Toerien (Author) and Joyce van Dobben (Illustrator); it was published by Altamira-Becht. Today's draws are the Seven of Air (Swords) and the Phoenix:
The Seven of Air's keyword is 'futility' and illustrates this with a broken spearhead. What is it that we keep doing over and over, thinking this time the result will be different? We all have familiar behavior patterns that we tend to fall into when we are stressed or exhausted. It just seems easier to do what we know. Yet it is futile to repeat behavior (no matter how comfortable) that won't help us solve anything. The Phoenix is a mythical bird that suggests the collapse of the old so the new can arise. If we can let go of our attachment to how things are usually done, we may discover a new perspective and a solution.
The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings. —Kakuzō Okakura

5 comments:

  1. I wonder if an engineer would say the spear hit ground rather than game because of the artfully arranged feathers, they would create wind stresses. Is the need to create stronger than hunger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mind always moves in unexpected directions. :) I'd have to agree the spear likely hit the ground rather than its target. Maybe the artful feathers were an attempt to help the spear 'fly' swiftly and surely?

      Delete
  2. I like the Phoenix card. It appears to be a puzzle being assembled over another picture or puzzles. Layers to be revealed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it too. I thought the puzzle revealed real life underneath it.

      Delete
    2. I didn't even notice the puzzle pieces...I've got to get my eyes fixed ;)

      Delete