I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Replay of Reality

From the Tarot of the Sidhe, Dreamer Nine (Nine of Swords/Air); from the Green Man Tree Oracle, Ash:
          Nearly all of the nightmares I've ever had were rooted in conscious reality. When I've been stressed, anxious or depressed, they've shown up at night. Researchers say that they primarily occur because we are rehearsing the possible threats we might encounter or we are working through upsetting events. Mine tend to appear when I've got my brave face on and try to ignore what I'm feeling. It seems my unconscious isn't happy with that tactic.
          Ash has wood that has high flexibility, shock resistance, and resistance to splitting. Because of these qualities, it is valued for making bows, tool handles, and rackets or sticks used in sports. Its flexibility and shock-resistance reminded me of how I can react when life doesn't correspond to my expectations. As Kristen Neff humorously put it:
Uh, excuse me. There must be some error.
I signed up for the everything-will-go-swimmingly-until-the-day-I-die plan.
Can I speak to the management please?
I would be better off embracing my emotions when challenges and the unexpected come my way. If I can compassionately care for my pain, I won't have to relive it when I sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Night terrors. Reflections of our days concerns, but no chocolate to comfort us. Spring is here and hopefully chase away those dark clouds of worry and fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My zinnia seeds are sprouting and a second group of repairmen are working on my porch and gables. It's a good day!

      Delete