I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, March 1, 2019

Grow the Good

From the Badgers Forest Tarot, the Hermit; from the Gemstone Oracle, Sunstone:

Nakisha uses an opossum for her Hermit and describes this card as a time of solitude for soul searching. I personally think a spiritual inventory is a good idea; I can use my own past as a yardstick to see if I've grown or stagnated. If I take an honest look at my behavior and thinking and compare them to the principles I want to live by, I will discover when I've gone off track and when I've maintained my course. The phrases assigned to the Sunstone are 'playfulness,' 'seeing the joy and beauty inherent in life,' and 'not taking things so seriously.' This stone's quote comes from Michael Dolan: "Anticipate the day as if it was your birthday, and you are turning six again." Any spiritual inventory would be unbalanced (and probably lead to self-indulgent pity or morosity) if it didn't include the beneficial things I've done. This is not an exercise in self-flagellation, but a way to grow the good in me.

2 comments:

  1. I have worked many an hour on my spiritual growth. Something started in church of childhood, abandon while on my path through Life and rediscovered an alternate path in later years. Now I think I am done with the work and just want to enjoy my days as my path takes me toward the Returning Place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have purposefully wandered from the tradition in search of my spiritual path.
      Thank you for the time change postcard - it's hanging on my refrigerator as a reminder! :)

      Delete