I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Hardiness

From the Tarot of the Sidhe, Warrior Nine (Nine of Wands); from the Green Man Tree Oracle, Gorse:
I want to know
if you are prepared to live in the world
with its harsh need
to change you. If you can look back
with firm eyes
saying this is where I stand. 
~David Whyte

          The Nine of Wands is generally a test of one's character and requires alertness and tenacity. This fairy is protected by an icy boundary, enveloped in scaly wings and camouflaged by a smoky cloud. It definitely seems to be guarding what it considers precious and important. In the current religious and political climate in which I live, I feel the same way. I want my country to be a land of equality and justice for all, not just a select few who determine the rights of everyone else.
          Gorse is a hardy shrub that brightens the landscape after winter with its sunny, yellow flowers. It is a fire-climax plant, meaning it burns readily but easily regrows after a fire. Gorse seeds are also adapted to germinate after slight scorching. This plant's message is to stay hopeful and remain constant, even through periods of difficulty. Change is coming (though perhaps not on the timetable I would prefer it). I need to keep my values and principles intact through the challenges that will come before it.

4 comments:

  1. Living on the coast with the forest fires, in relative terms i'm always encouraged how a forest will come back after being turned to ask or leveled by a volcano. And what survived. A reason to take heart, keep the personal faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot that you have volcanoes near you. It seems we have something to learn from the Earth in that regard.

      Delete
  2. Nine of Wands, just crawl back in bed and pull the covers over your head. This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spent some time with the magnet wand picking up roofing nails. Got a bowlful in just one section. It was a nice, sunny day for it.😊

      Delete