I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Inner Obstacle

From the Badgers Forest Tarot, the Ten of Cups (Foxes); from the Gemstone Oracle, Rhodochrosite:
This Ten of Cups card is often seen as emotional fulfillment, and indeed it is. But it isn't like winning the lottery and getting the perfect family or the perfect group of friends and acquaintances. It comes about because of our own emotional maturity. Individual demands are replaced with what would benefit the group as a whole. Rhodochrosite's key phrase is 'unconditional love,' and its quote comes from Stephen Kendrick: "The truth is this: love is not determined by the one being loved but rather by the one choosing to love." Such deep, sincere love means we are willing to be open-minded and admit when we are wrong; it means being willing to forgive and work on becoming less self-centered (whether that comes in the form of being the center of the universe or a doormat). If we find ourselves searching for emotional fulfillment and never reaching it, we may need to heed the words of Les Brown, "You are the only real obstacle in your path to a fulfilling life."

4 comments:

  1. I had to pull double duty at the office last week. I thought I did very well on the work load and tasks that I don't normally do. Not a word from others on job well done. So I had my own Ten of Cups celebration on the job I knew was well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is an excellent example of emotional maturity - giving yourself a well-deserved Pat on the back rather than expecting it from others.😊

      Delete
  2. I will be back on the 1st, treated myself to catching up with our blogs. As always, thoughts to ponder. I'm thinking about a perfect day. No one thing makes it for me, usually seems to be the resulting combo, but I do LOVE a cold day with clear blue skies. I've missed blogging but being away is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absence can make the heart grow fonder in some cases. You've certainly been missed, but I'm glad you've been enjoying blue skies.😊

      Delete