I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Landscaping

From the Animal Totem Tarot, the Seven of Swords; from the Blum/Gern Rune Cards, 'Berkano/Growth:'

This ferret suggests deception is not always a bad trait. But before I start rationalizing my plans and actions along that line of thinking, I should ask myself a question: Is this helpful and kind or selfish and hurtful? If I'm the only beneficiary, then likely it falls into the second category. I recently omitted some information to a friend who was going in for a burn debridement; I thought knowing the pain she would endure would ultimately create anxiety and more pain. Was it the right thing to do? The edge of that sword is a tricky place on which to balance. The Berkano Rune deals with birth and growth and makes me pause to consider what seeds my thoughts and actions are planting that will sprout and mature. My choices will ultimately shape the landscape of my reality.

It is as though we are all artists, but instead of canvas and paint, or marble or music, as our medium, our very bodies, minds, and life experience are the materials of our creative expression.
—Joseph Goldstein

2 comments:

  1. hard decision. Some peoples tolerance to pain is higher than other or less than. If you told your friend how much pain they may have encountered, you would have influenced. I am sure they knew, the internet has all that kind of information available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told her after the procedure (she had not researched it). She had to wait several hours before the doc got to her, which would have been a lot of time to worry, so I was glad I didn't say anything.

      Delete