I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, February 25, 2019

Perfect Day

From the Badgers Forest Tarot, the Nine of Cups (Foxes); from the Gemstone Oracle, Turquoise:
What would your perfect day look like? As the sun rises, I imagine this fox's day of contentment would include an easy meal, no hunters, pleasant weather, and something interesting to investigate. This fox would remind me to put my worries about the future aside and enjoy the good that's right under my feet here and now. The 'wish card' of satisfaction is of course temporary. But Turquoise, with its key phrase "lasting inner peace," offers me a way to extend things. This stone's quote comes from Miguel Ruiz: "There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally." Equanimity is rooted in insight, realizing that everything changes and that everyone has to deal with challenges. It's not personal, it's just life.

One of the central teachings of all the world’s wisdom traditions is this – anything that changes is not a reliable place to find lasting fulfilment. Fulfilment is cultivated from within...

2 comments:

  1. The the fox's perfect day sounds pretty good to me. That's the real trick tho, to be right where you are in that minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we could do that, we might have a lot more perfect days!😊

      Delete