I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, February 17, 2019

Running Toward Wholeness

This week I'll be using the Animal Totem Tarot, created by Eugene Smith with a companion book by Leeza Robertson; the set was published by Llewellyn. I'll also be using the Blum/Gern Rune Cards created by Ralph Blum and illustrated by Gabrielle Gern with publishing by Connections. These were originally sold as the set The Rune Cards: Sacred Play for Self-discovery, but since I just have the cards, I'll be using Blum's The Book of Runes as a companion text. Today's draws are the Eight of Wands and 'Initiation/Perth:'
You can almost feel the excitement as this horse runs at a flat-out gallop. The red-ribboned wands that speed before him emphasize this movement is passion-driven. The companion book adds that this is how it feels to be full of inspiration and encourages me to "break free from all things that tie you down." As a woman who always seems to have a plateful of responsibilities, this seems easier said than done. But perhaps for just a day... The Rune of Perth represents something hidden; Blum states that it involves "deep inner transformational forces" that are at work to create wholeness. Such inner work can require some time apart from day to day entanglements. The labyrinth in the card suggests there will be a weaving in and out that may at times seem like moving away instead of toward that wholeness, but as long as I keep moving, I'll find that center.
I find I am constantly being encouraged to pluck out some one aspect of myself and present this as the meaningful whole, eclipsing or denying the other parts of self.
Audre Lorde

No comments:

Post a Comment