I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Bumpy Rides and Signposts

From the Animal Totem Tarot, the Chariot; from the Blum/Gern Rune Cards, 'Ansuz/Signals:'
The orca, like most predatory animals, knows how to move in order to herd its prey. This hunter can control its energy and focus its movement to reach the objective - its next meal. The Chariot is a reminder that self-discipline is needed to replace impulsive, emotion-driven behavior. The Rune Ansuz implies that there is a message that needs to be received, but awareness and alertness will be required. Have you ever felt that you are doing all the right things, yet inside you feel as if you've gone off the rails? Today I appreciated finding this quote by Larry Yang in my email: "I’m much more interested in how we practice with not awakening, with not being enlightened, because, frankly, those states of being are more present in my life than not." When his chariot is not moving as smoothly as he'd like, Yang uses this alternative blessing instead of the traditional lovingkindness meditation:
May I be loving, open, and aware in this moment;
If I cannot be loving, open, and aware in this moment, may I be kind;
If I cannot be kind, may I be nonjudgmental;
If I cannot be nonjudgmental, may I not cause harm;
If I cannot not cause harm, may I cause the least harm possible.
(from Bodhidharma magazine)


No comments:

Post a Comment