I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Choices

From the Sasuraibito Tarot, Justice; from the Soul Cards, 'Falling Leaves:'


The law of karma is that we sow the seeds and we reap the fruit. So when you find yourself in a dark place, you can think, "Maybe it's time to get a little golden spade and dig myself out of this place." ~Pema Chodron

          There is no doubt the sword of Justice has the attention of the person whose eye it hovers over. We humans can become so ingrained in our habits, we become numb to the unintended effects they often have. But this sword cuts through the illusion of excuses and blame. It's up to us how we use this life; we create our future with every thought, word, and action. And the consequences for what we do and say will fall in our laps only. The Falling Leaves card suggests a posture of relaxed acceptance. If we want to make sincere amends, we must not resort to explaining away our behavior, neither do we stop the other from the sometimes brutal expression of how our actions affected them. Yet we can walk away with a clearer understanding of how the choices we make can heal and nurture our relationships or destroy them.

3 comments:

  1. I have a bit of a problem with Karma. It is really a "B"? Do we really get a return negative or positive on actions? I used to spout "karma will get you" or "wait for the payback", but I got to tell you with all the wrong doings in my life nothing mounted to the tornado trauma karma. Gandhi was right, "an eye for an eye just makes the whole world blind." I know my trauma I had to experience, was it to balance a scale or help me learn my lesson on compassion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not the kind of karma I believe in. I don't believe the Universe pays us back for misdeeds done in previous lifetimes. I do believe the choices we make in this lifetime affect us, but only from a natural progression of what they lead to. Smokers don't get lung cancer because they are bad people, but because they chose to smoke. Bad things happen all the time to people that they had nothing to do with. They just got caught in the crossfire of life happening. Does this make sense?

      Delete
    2. I am not sure. Karma is a question I continue to debate. I do think there is a balancing act between lifetimes, problem is we have to wait till we are back in the other realm to realize it. Though I have glimpses of this and that, so maybe a few more lifetimes and I will be more fully awake and be able to answer your question.

      Delete