I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

I'm All In

From the Prairie Tarot, the Four of Swords; from the Medicine Cards, Prairie Dog:
          I would like to say age has made me wiser about burning the candle at both ends, but I think it is just that it has become a physical impossibility. I had a rollercoaster kind of day yesterday that began with attending to some emotional people and ended with linemen replacing my power lines to the house at 8 pm. Two years ago, damage by squirrels caused a power surge that resulted in a house fire. This time when I noticed the same weird things as before, I was able to be proactive. Prairie Dog's message is about retreat because of its swift withdrawal to its tunnel when danger is about. A description from the book reads: "[This] medicine teaches that strength and inspiration can be found by retreating into the stillness that quiets the mind." As poker players say, I'm all in.

4 comments:

  1. good spot! sometimes I think a condo would be nice. or a one room with bath...but even they would require mindfulness to maintenance I suppose. and where would my little girls free range??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband tells people I married him for his yard. :) I suppose everything we have requires maintenance, even the body!

      Delete
  2. Interesting. You have a squirrel problem in your area, Sharyn, boars. Ants here at my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you've got trees, you've got squirrels here. My neighbor's brother shot every last one in her yard for a week. Others just moved in later.

      Delete