I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, July 29, 2019

Mind Games

From the Deirdre of Sorrows Tarot, the Five of Coins; from the Victorian Flower Oracle, 'Honeysuckle:'
          Barefoot with just a satchel under her arm, this woman appears to be running away. Perhaps the abuse at home got to be too much or she uncovered information that made it too dangerous to stay. Either way, she's in a position where she might feel destitute. Yet O'Donoghue writes in her companion book, "You are not bereft of friends and your life is better than you think." The Honeysuckle card suggests mind games, the convoluted ways we attempt to get our needs met. Rather than stating things directly, we throw out vague hints. We may not have learned how to do this or we may be frightened of rejection. But no one can offer help if they don't know it's needed. This is a time for courage and clarity, so turn on your hazard lights.

4 comments:

  1. I have thought many times of escaping my life. I left out several times in my adult-hood? no one noticed. Course I didn't tell anyone and was back before they even knew I left. Nothing ventured nothing gained. I realized in the one occurrence I wasn't really ready to leave and the other one I realized I was going to meet myself where ever I went, so I went back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my fear...no one will notice I'm gone.

    ReplyDelete