I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Joy, Energy, Insight

From the Ferret Tarot, the Sun; from Nature's Wisdom Oracle, 'Mushroom:'
          This ferret brought to mind the saying "bright-eyed and bushy-tailed," meaning alert and full of energy and enthusiasm. Yet the Sun also brings clarity. I was watching Avatar the other night, and one of the sayings the Na'vi people used was "I see you." This expression didn't mean a physical seeing but a spiritual one. It conveyed that the person's heart and mind were open, and he or she were seeing the other as if for the first time. Everything looks very different from this perspective. Yet Mushroom pops up with a warning. Many mushrooms can't be judged as safe or poisonous simply by their appearance. Some require a microscopic examination of their spores. Such discernment applies to those having their moment in the Sun. Keep the joy and energy, but add the caution of perceptive insight. No need to leap off any cliffs if you don't have to.

A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight and understanding. 
~Marshall McLuhan


4 comments:

  1. I see points of light, from time to time, flickers of visitors. Your post reminded me of taking care of my parents; in their final days and hours they had lots of visitors from the other side, and I remember saying "I see you"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's something few people would probably have noticed. :)

      Delete
  2. Never met a mushroom in the wild I could trust :) They won't look me in the eye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to find them, draw them and photograph them, but I've never been a fan of eating them. :)

      Delete