I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Personal Kingdoms

From the Prairie Tarot, the King of Coins; from the Medicine Cards, Weasel:
         This King of Coins is dressed simply and holds a wooden mallet. There are no luxurious robes or ranches in sight. What does it take to make us feel comfortable and content? How much stuff do we need before we can be satisfied with what we have? The Weasel, able to get into small spaces with its slim, flexible body, has been assigned the keyword 'stealth.' It suggests that I would benefit by looking inside my own mind and weasel out whether I need something or whether I'm simply trying to fill an emotional hole with material things.
Many people lose the small joys in the hope for the big happiness.
― Pearl S. Buck 

3 comments:

  1. I'm uncomfortable with this king. In her setting I don't think undershirts were invented, there was long johns, buttoning up the front. I've never seen an image from this time setting of a man with his shirt open. And in the setting, I'm thinking mormon man with power. oooggg. Good thing I'm not getting a reading with this card, we'd be all over the place wouldn't we ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking it was something like this:
      https://www.historicalemporium.com/store/002739.php

      Delete