I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Do You Hear What You're Saying?

From Waking the Wild Spirit Tarot, the Trickster/Page of Air (Wands); from the Saltwater Reading Cards, Turtle:
          The trickster side of the Page of Air is not meant to trick us as a form of punishment, but to help us learn to think before we speak, be succinct, and spend more time listening. This Page is aware that people often react rather than respond and seldom take the time to use discernment in what they say. The Page will then reflect back the words to us, showing how we lacked mindfulness of speech. When my toddler was able to reach doorknobs, I would be afraid she would pinch her fingers opening and closing the doors. I would say "watch your fingers" and she would stop what she was doing and literally look at her fingers. Instinct, shown by the newly hatched sea turtles racing towards the water, emphasizes that sometimes we don't have a lot of time to think out what we say - we must respond bluntly and assertively. We don't explain or excuse, we simply speak our truth firmly and plainly.

3 comments:

  1. Two days of Pages. Something new in the mix? Hope it is fun and enjoyable. No tricks, just treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband seems to take a very long time to reply, and I often make the mistake of thinking he's finished talking. I have to consciously delay my own response to give him a chance! -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a good friend that is the same way. I have to keep myself from finishing her sentences (I may know her well, but I'm not a mind reader). :)

      Delete