I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, February 8, 2020

Spaciousness

From the Waking the Wild Spirit Tarot, Soaring (Nine of Air/Swords); from the Saltwater Reading Cards, Coral:
          The traditional Nine of Swords shows a woman in a bed waking up from a nightmare (or being unable to sleep because of worries). It illustrates how our emotions and thoughts can create disturbing stories that appear to be real. But Palin's card shows the solution - to rise above those thoughts and seek a spacious, wider perspective. There are many more possibilities than what I create with my limited thinking. Coral are marine animals that secrete calcium carbonate to form a hard skeleton. Not only does this hard structure help protect them, it also acts as a refuge for other ocean animals. Its ability to create its own stronghold reminds me that I too have an inner source I can tap into when I need to ground and center myself.

 Mind’s nature has two qualities: a sense of spaciousness, expansiveness, or totality, and a vivid, wakeful awareness. —Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche

2 comments:

  1. Good card draws for the Full Moon tomorrow. Reflection in The Moons soft illuminating light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always keep me aware of the full moon - thank you!

      Delete