I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, February 17, 2020

It's About Me

From the Ship of Fools Tarot, Judgment; from the Wisdom of the Four Winds, Water:
 Putting out of our minds the wrongs that others had done, we resolutely looked for our own mistakes. Where had we been selfish, dishonest, self-seeking and frightened? Fear set in motion trains of circumstances which brought us misfortune we felt we didn't deserve. But did not we, ourselves, set the ball rolling? ~ AA basic text

          A plague of locusts and frogs descends on the Fool. Like most folks, he will complain that this is unfair and undeserved then immediately start pointing out the faults of others. I thought of our current President who is excellent at deflecting and distracting, but this too is simply a diversion for not looking at my own stuff. I can't change other people, but I can change my thoughts and actions and the misery they will inevitably cause. The Water card is associated with cleansing, and in relation to Judgment, it makes me think of forgiveness. As Gina Sharpe reminds me, "Forgiveness is really not about someone’s harmful behavior; it’s about our own relationship with our past. When we begin the work of forgiveness, it is primarily a practice for ourselves."

2 comments:

  1. I believe this 100%. Forgiving someone else is a ego journey. But perhaps a way of letting go and allowing real healing to begin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely healing for ourselves when we loosen our attachment to the past, accept that it happened, and move on with our lives without being chained to it.

      Delete