I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, March 30, 2020

Humble Response

From the Albano-Waite Tarot, the Six of Wands; from the Rumi Cards, 'The Moon is Waiting:'
          Any successful leader worth his salt will admit to standing on the shoulders of others to meet challenges and achieve goals. And that kind of humility will keep him learning as well as leading. Open-minded cooperation among diversification makes us all stronger and more knowledgeable. The Moon card suggests we set aside any focus on "me, mine, myself" and look at the bigger picture. I had a strange thought this morning... What if we didn't have the concept of religion at all, but rather the only the idea of relationship? What if the spiritual focus of groups concentrated on kindness and compassion toward all other beings, Nature, etc. instead of creeds or dogma? What a glorious light that would shine on our world.

People respond in accordance to how you relate to them.
~Nelson Mandela

5 comments:

  1. Many religions abhor cremation, they are going to have to get over that for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just talking about that with someone this morning. If people cremated those who died, they could have a memorial service at a later date.

      Delete
  2. Be well. I hear there are storms riding your way today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Storms used to make me freak out (after all the floods, hurricanes, and tornadoes we've had). Now, while I'm very much aware of them, my mind is focused on other things so I don't go off the cliff.

      Delete
    2. I am getting better about it. Still tornado warnings have me pacing the floor.

      Delete