I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Reconstructing Balance

This week I'll be using Le Veritable Tarot de Marseille, restored and reconstructed by Kris Hadar and published by Mortagne. Lee Bursten's The Marseille Tarot Companion will be a resource for reading with this deck. The oracle I'll be using is one I created myself called the Greek Alphabet Runes. AlaskaLaserMaid on Etsy burned the designs on cedar tiles for me. Today's draws are the Six of Staves and Zeta:

          Bursten assigns the word 'creating' to the suit of Staves and the phrase, 'Keeping it going' to the Sixes. After the previous challenge and imbalance of the Fives, the dust is beginning to settle and some progress is being made. When I scanned the Hadar card this morning, I initially labeled it Six of Wants instead of Six of Wands. That was a red flag I needed to heed. The flowers growing on the side of the staves are buds that are still rooted while the top and bottom blooms have been cut. Likewise, I must let go of my wants and focus on the fact that my needs are being fully met if I want to keep moving forward. Zeta is a letter that has been used to measure the vorticity of fluid or air, such as in whirlpools or tornadoes. It implies a busyness that drains my energy and dissembles rather than creates. For instance, watching the news for hours or being constantly attached to my phone may feel like I'm being constructive even though it's not. As Margaret Mead reminds me, "Human nature is potentially aggressive and destructive and potentially orderly and constructive." I have a choice in which one I nurture.

4 comments:

  1. well said. each day is a choice, each minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just have to slow my roll so I can choose and not react. :)

      Delete
  2. Choices. I was watching way too much of the news. Starting today, just a little bit and no more. Much better way to constructively use my time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting a lot done that I always thought I didn't have time to do. :)

      Delete