I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, March 9, 2020

Ripening Fruit

This week I'll be using the Tarot of Durer, created by Manfredi Toraldo and Giacinto Gaudenzi and published by Lo Scarabeo. The oracle deck I'll also be using is the Philosopher's Stone, created by De Es and published by AG Muller. Today's draws are the Three of Chalices and Light:
          The Durer's Three of Cups reminds me that friendships can be found in unusual places, for instance, through tarot blogs and forums, in book clubs you didn't really want to join, or during walks around the neighborhood. But rarely have I met anyone without being willing to be a little vulnerable and open. The Light card spurs me to see reality clearly; in this case, I acknowledge that friendships don't arrive uninvited on my doorstep, through the mail or in my email's inbox. Friends are my 'found families,' and they are worth looking for and cultivating. Yet once found, I should heed Aristotle's words: "Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit."

4 comments:

  1. Those that we bind with for a day or lifetime are people of our tribe. This lifetime by a blog; previous or next, a neighbor or cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on a tear, not on purpose, reading books based from 3000 BC up to 1500 AD. Egyptian, Roman, Celtic...one thing that is constant, little kids are so cute. Grown ups, not so much ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a history buff - you could teach a class!

      Delete