I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Old Paths, New Paths

From the Sheridan-Douglas Tarot, the Two of Swords; from the Pages of Shustah, the Return Road:
If we cultivate awareness enough to step back a bit from simply reacting, we can insert a gap or a pause before being carried away. In that little gap, there is the freedom to respond in a fresh way, less predetermined. —Judy Lief 

          Do you follow your head or your heart? Are you more inclined to see facts or go with your gut? I'm more of a follow-the-evidence type of gal, but if I find myself in a corner with a split-second decision to make, I'll listen to my intuition. Personally, I know my choices can easily be colored by emotions, desires or opinions if I don't look for concrete information. The Return Road card complements the Two of Swords, suggesting that there is a known road and an unknown road. But before I choose the familiar, perhaps I should ask myself if what is routine and expected will lead to what is beneficial and constructive. Is repeating the same thing simply easier (even when its destructive or neurotic) than dealing with the unknown? Or could I gather some courage (and some support) and strike out on a new path?

2 comments:

  1. A good part of my life has been "fly by the seat of my pants" reaction. Now with clothes being so expensive, I slow down and listen to my heart.

    ReplyDelete