I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

A Long Lesson

From the Prairie Tarot, the Tower; from the Medicine Cards, Jaguar:


          My immediate thought upon seeing this tarot card was, "Looks like someone got thrown from their high horse." The ego uses arrogance to attempt to build walls of protection, trying desperately to sustain the illusion that it has things under control. But it doesn't really matter how smart I think I am; unexpected events can still toss me up in the air and leave me flat on the ground. Jaguar's medicine includes integrity - acting from one's principles instead of just giving them lip service. I personally have found that without humility, it is impossible for me to practice any spiritual principle. Sometimes eating a little dust can help bring me back to earth, letting my heart and mind open once again.

Life is a long lesson in humility. ~James M. Barrie


No comments:

Post a Comment