I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, April 9, 2021

If That's the Test Drive...

From the Prairie Tarot, the Ace of Coins; from the Medicine Cards, Otter:

The first wealth is health.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

          Last Tuesday, I went for my second Covid vaccination. Later that day, I felt tired but carried on as usual. But about 3:00 am that morning, I had a fever I couldn't manage with ibuprofen or aspirin and felt like someone had beaten me with a bat. I felt unplugged and could barely manage moving from the bed to another room. But yesterday around noon, everything suddenly got better; it seemed like a miracle. I know some people have avoided the second vaccine because they are afraid of similar side effects. But my reasoning is, if that's the test drive, I sure don't want the car. It's one thing to feel awful for a few days, and another thing to be in the ICU for weeks. Playful Otter shows up to remind me not to look at the piles of laundry, the unclean house or the yard chores that have gone undone. I think I'll take his advice and just enjoy the season, at least for today.

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul. ~John Muir


4 comments:

  1. Good to hear. With my second shot the next day I was pretty tired, so a good reason to nap all day. Many are avoiding the Covid vaccine because of their fears of a bit of illness. Better than a full blown episode or death. Glad you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm in agreement with you - better a little discomfort than getting flattened with possible lasting symptoms.

      Delete
  2. It is your own powerful antibodies reacting, all good. I too, after the comparative mild aftereffects of the first was thankful I've never had covid, and can you imagine living like that on and on as many are? Not getting the vac is an idiots game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my immune system went into overdrive. :) The vaccine has been relatively easy to get here, but so many just don't seem interested. An idiot's game indeed.

      Delete