I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, April 8, 2021

Open Eyes

From the Prairie Tarot, the Nine of Wands; from the Medicine Cards, Fox:


          When I was young, my family rented a house on a huge farm that included crops and cattle. This fellow reminds me of the cowhands who were constantly checking the miles of fence for rotten boards or downed posts. The cattle would often use the fence to scratch themselves on, inadvertently knocking it over or breaking through. Many nights I spent listening to calves call for their mothers when the cattle broke out and went for a wander. The Fox has been given the keyword camouflage - an indication that observing without being observed might be necessary. Sometimes the information that we need to be aware of only comes when we aren't obvious about seeking it. 

I think we all suffer from acute blindness at times. Life is a constant journey of trying to open your eyes. ~Olivia Thirlby



No comments:

Post a Comment