I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, May 3, 2021

Care-taking Commitment

From Deirdre of the Sorrows Tarot, the Ace of Coins; from the Victorian Flower Oracle, Hawthorn:

Care-taking is the utmost spiritual and physical responsibility of our time, and perhaps that stewardship is finally our place in the web of life, our work, the solution to the mystery that we are.
― Linda Hogan

          A different kind of cupid is engraved on this coin - one waiting to bless the efforts taken to plant seeds. Too often, humans rarely think of our resources unless we want something or find that they are in limited supply. Hawthorn suggests a cutting back or a sacrifice needed for well-being. It might be a need to take better care of our resources, whether it is our bodies, our finances or the earth itself. Perhaps it involves paying attention and taking action rather than getting distracted with the next pleasure we seek. Good health requires a commitment.

2 comments:

  1. As I clean my hen's bedroom catch board I thank them as I take the harvest to the garden or compost bin ;) They work so hard on my behalf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find such commitments are always worth it. :)

      Delete