I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, May 20, 2021

To Heal a Wound

From the Buckland Romani Tarot, the Three of Chivs (Swords); from the Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards, Stone:

To heal a wound you must stop scratching it.
~ Paulo Coelho

          When my heart hurts in response to the words or actions of another, my pain can quickly get channeled into anger. Anger lets me trade in my feeling of being powerless for power, as rage and thoughts of revenge provide a distraction for my sorrow. But like the icy steps on that vardo, resentment is a slippery slope. No amount of spiteful payback will erase the history of what happened, but it sure will keep that river of hate and pain flowing. Instead of this strategy, Stone suggests I seek a more stable foundation that will provide a sense of groundedness. Melvin McLeod writes: "Emotion is ego’s best ally. How do I find freedom from difficult emotions? Enjoy your life. So much changes when you enjoy life, day by day, in simple, wholesome ways. You are happy to be on this earth. You cheer others up and show them they can enjoy life, too. You are not driven to hurt people by your own unhappiness. Far from being selfish, enjoying your life is the best gift you can give."


No comments:

Post a Comment