I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, May 29, 2021

Feelings are Okay

From the Dark Goddess Tarot, the Witch of Water (Queen of Cups); from the Tattwa Cards, Fire > Seed of Water:

Every stream ends in the sea, to rise anew. 
~Ellen Lorenzi-Prince

          Haya-Akitsu-Hime, a Shinto sea goddess, was found where the tide met the rivers. She purified the contamination and corruption of the water and of the people who sought her help. This Queen reminds me of therapists, anam caras, and others whose work involves helping people develop better mental health. The tattwa card's keyword is 'vaporization,' the transition from liquid to vapor. Likewise, our emotions change from one form to another as they change in intensity. The goal is not to battle them and destroy them but to learn to work with them in healthy ways. 

The basic premise that children must learn about emotions is that all feelings are okay to have; however, only some reactions are okay. ~Daniel Goleman

Plutchik's Wheel of Emotions



2 comments:

  1. my sister in law is advertising herself as a life coach. If I had to pick one example of poor life choices it would be her. The thought of her therapy-ing anyone freaks me out. I'm thinking it is my viewpoint that needs the work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the best way to pick a therapist or mentor is to investigate or observe their life. That would likely tell me if listening to them would be worthwhile.

      Delete