I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, May 10, 2021

The Mountain of Myself

From the Ferret Tarot, the Chariot; from the Nature's Wisdom Oracle, Crane:

It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
~Edmund Hillary

          There is a young lady in my neighborhood who walks her two dogs daily - one who is large and one who is small. The dogs have two different paces and seem to be interested in sniffing different things. It's amazing that they make it around the block without incident. The owner is quite like the driver in the Chariot who is pulled in different directions. Likewise, I can be tripped up by my desire to rush forward (missing important details) or stymied when there is a conflict between what I want to accomplish and my inner 'should' list. Add emotional turmoil to the mix and I may end up in a tangle. As Edmund Hillary stated, sometimes the real obstacle to deal with is my inner mental and emotional state. Origami cranes have long been a symbol of hope and a wish for good fortune. Wishful hope has expectations for a specific outcome, but wise hope sees only a potential for change without any constricting boundaries. Wise hope advises the chariot driver to accept that the journey and the end destination likely won't look as I imagined it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment