I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Add Humility

From the Tarot of the Abyss, the Ten of Swords; from the Nature Mandala Meditation Cards, Leadership:

This pair of cards seems to ask who should lead - the one with wisdom/knowledge or the one with life experience? It's easy to make a snap judgment either way, but it's wiser to dig down a little deeper. Years ago, I had a doctor who adamantly told me there was nothing wrong with me when my body told me otherwise. My cousin, who has suffered with a disease for years, had an older doctor she loved with an excellent bedside manner. He retired and was replaced with a much younger doctor who completely changed her medications, explaining that those medications are no longer used for her disease. Since then, she's felt better than she has in years. Both those with knowledge and those with experience can get stuck, assuming what they know or what they've experienced makes them the better decision maker. But if they have a closed mind or closed ears, neither is the better choice.

There are three essentials to leadership: humility, clarity and courage. —Fuchan Yuan

2 comments:

  1. The 'face off' makes me think of face the fear(ten of swords) and do it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as it's not repeating the same mistakes! :D

      Delete